Thursday, April 15, 2010

IM NOT TO BE GONE

I lie down
With my eyes wide open
I look
And stare,
Stare of the blindness,
Darkness of my four walls
I won’t dare,
Dare to have my eyes shut
Nor slam them close
Keep me aware
I’m not sure
I’m not ready
To face this war,
To be part of this battle
Don’t come and take me
And allow me
To grow all that you crave
I’m not ready
To be constantly missed
I’m not ready
To be completely gone
I am ready
To be wise
I am ready
To realize
Ready to change
Before I go
I’ve messed up
And I have
To get things fixed
My time is ticking…
I have to hide,
Hide from
What’s to come
Blend me in,
Blend me in
Some sorrow
Blend me in some skin
You’ve given me feeling
Feeling that needs to end
Feeling that comes
When I’m able
Able to feel pain
Feeling that comes
When I’m able
To understand the names
You’ve given me life
That I am now
Afraid to end
I see the light coming
And it’s becoming
My bestfriend
I’m running in a daze
I’m tripping into a faze
I see…
Nothing
Cause it’s all at its end

Jasmine

Inspired by: Dylan Thomas
“Do Not Go Gentle Into That Night”

No comments:

Post a Comment